Be safe with your live Christmas tree!
Live Christmas trees do not start fires, people do! Here are some helpful hints so that you and your family can enjoy the Christmas season and your real Christmas tree to the fullest:
- Check all electric lights and connections before decorating.
- Don't use any lights with worn or frayed cords.
- NEVER use lighted candles on your tree.
- Don't overload the electrical outlets.
- Place your tree away from fireplaces, radiators, television sets, and other heat sources. These elements can prematurely dry out your tree.
- ALWAYS make sure that your tree has plenty of water to prevent drying.
- ALWAYS turn off all decorations before going to bed at night, or anytime that you leave home.
Sensible precautions like these will help you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season. Remember that it is not the live Christmas trees that cause the fires!